- Nixon was the President involved with the Watergate scandal and resigned.
- Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein key investigators that helped break the Watergate scandal.
- Gerald Ford would be sworn in after Nixon had resigned.
- Political scandal involving information of Richard Nixon having connections with burglars stealing documents and tapping phones at the Watergate building.
- This scandal ultimately forced Nixon to resign because he knew he was going to be impeached and didn’t want to be embarrassed.
- This is the first scandal to happen in US President history.
- The main incident was in the Watergate building at Washington D.C.
- The cases were discussed in the Supreme Court also in Washington D.C.
- The White house is where Nixon was at when he resigned and where he was replaced.
- June 17, 1972, is when the burglars were arrested.
- August 1974 President Ford pardoned Nixon of any crimes committed.
- 1973 Nixon agreed to surrender some of his tapes.
- In the midst of the Vietnam war, Nixon needed to stay in power but was struggling in the Campaign.
- The Watergate Scandal is significant because it was the first of its kind in US history.
- Nixon did everything in his power to cover up this scandal but failed and was forced to resign or impeach.